Make your search for EU law a success!
Do you need to consult EU law for your work or studies? Would you like to learn more about how to look for EU legal information? If your answer is yes, then we have just what you need!
The Publications Office of the European Union is organising a training course on using the EUR-Lex portal ¡V the official gateway to EU law.
- 22nd September 2016 09.30 -12.30 (Step1) and 14.00-17.00 (Step 2)
- 23rd September 2016 09.30 -12.30 (Step 1) and 14.00-17.00 (Step 2)
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, Schwarzenbergplatz 11, 1040 Vienna
Who can attend?
- The course is open to anyone who is keen to learn more about using EUR-Lex to consult EU law.
How to enrol:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 September 2016, specifying the date on which you wish to attend the course.
- Content and structure of EUR-Lex, including how to build CELEX numbers
- Finding EU law via the quick, advanced and homepage ‚Find results by‘ search options
- Multilingual display of documents and display of information about documents and legislative procedures
- Consulting the Official Journal of the European Union and direct access to preparatory acts and EU case-law
- Browsing EU law via the directories of legislation and EuroVoc
- Editing and refining your searches
- Using summaries of EU legislation
- The benefits of using EUR-Lex as a registered user
… contains plenty of practical exercises, enabling you to put everything you have learnt in Step 1 into practice.
Other useful information:
- The course will be given in English.
- Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants who wish to attend Step 2 must bring their own laptop or tablet, as the course will be hands-on (Wi-Fi connection will be provided).
- Participants should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the course to allow time for a security check (scanning of luggage etc.).
- Complementary coffee and tea will be served during the breaks.
- There is no canteen in the building but there are a number of restaurants nearby where participants will be able to have lunch.
For any questions about the course, please contact the EUR-Lex editorial team of the Publications Office of the European Union at OP-EURLEX-TRAINING@publications.europa.eu. For registration and questions concerning organisation please write to email@example.com.